Here are a few options for your weekend. The list is short this week, so quickly scan through the ideas below and then check out the list of over 30 Labor Day Weekend events. that I compiled last week. There is sure to be something the entire family will enjoy.
Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Northeast Ohio 2012 Labor Day Weekend Events
Looking for a way to celebrate Labor Day? You’re in luck, we’ve got details on over 30 events going on across Northeast Ohio this Labor Day Weekend. Parades, Fireworks, Air Shows, Fairs, Festivals and more. Check out the details here.
Big Red Wagon Fall Consignment Sale in Canton
It’s the first weekend of the Big Red Wagon fall consignment sales and it’s in Canton. If you’re in the area, now is your chance to score great deals on gently used children’s clothing, toys and maternity items.
Can’t make it this weekend? Not to worry, there are nine more sales being held across Northeast Ohio in the upcoming months. Find out more here.
- Friday, August 31st, 9:00am – 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 1st, 8:30am – 1:00pm
- Where: 4700 Everhard Rd. NW Canton, OH 44718 (map)
- Cost: Parking and Admittance are FREE
Northeast Ohio County Fairs
Even though county fairs season is coming to an end, you still have an opportunity to stop by one of the following fairs taking place this weekend. Enjoy Midway Rides, Live Musical Entertainment, Exhibits and Demonstrations and much more. Click on the links below to get details and the individual fair.
- Canfield Fair (August 29 – September 3)
- Geauga County Fair (August 30 – September 3)
- Stark County Fair (August 28 – September 3)
FREE Ox Roast Car Truck & Motorcycle Show
The Annual Ox Roast Car Truck & Motorcycle Show is this weekend at the Trumbull County Fairgrounds. On Friday, enjoy a night time car cruise, bonfire, hayride, free hot dogs & drinks (6pm-8pm). On Saturday, enjoy a car show, musical entertainment and free food (1pm-4pm). On Sunday, enjoy a car show, door prizes, demolition derby (7pm), live music, kid’s activities, a fireworks show (dusk) and much more!
- Friday, August 31st, 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Saturday, September 1st, 9:00am – 10:00pm
- Sunday, September 2nd, 9:00am – 10:00pm
- Where: 899 Everett Cortland Hull Road, Cortland Ohio 44410 (map)
- Cost: FREE Admission and Parking
STOMP Bike Ride
Summit Tour of Metro Parks (STOMP) is one of the largest cycling events in Northeast Ohio. Participate in either a 10, 20 or 30 mile bike ride along the Towpath Trail in Summit County. Everyone is welcome, and adults must accompany riders younger than 16.
We really enjoy riding on the Towpath Trail. Read about the fun we had at The Bicycle Poker Run along the towpath trail in Stark County.
- When: Saturday, September 1st, 2012
- 30 miles ride departs between 8:00am – 9:00am
- 20 mile ride departs between 9:00am – 10:00am
- 10 mile ride departs between 10:00am – 11:00am
- Where: Start at Lock 3 in Akron – 200 S. Main St. Akron Ohio 44308 (map)
- Cost: $30 per person
You may also be interested in 2012 Northeast Ohio Labor Day Events & Activities.